Amanda Gommo spent three days in hospital after her daughter’s dog defecated in her mouth while she slept. The event occurred in Great Britain. The 51-year-old woman was resting in the afternoon when the chihuahua fell ill, she suffered sudden diarrhea, according to New York media.
“I was taking an afternoon nap with Belle, like I always do, when all of a sudden I felt something squirt into my mouth,” Gommo told South West News Service. The British woman was vomiting for hours. “I couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth,” she explained.
Gommo’s daughter took Belle to the vet, where she was diagnosed with a stomach virus. Later, her mother began to show the same symptoms as the dog and she went to the doctor, where she was prescribed three painkillers for stomach cramps and advised to drink plenty of water to flush out any possible infection.
Over the next 48 hours, Amanda Gommo began to experience cramps throughout her body. “She was so dehydrated from being sick and having diarrhea that my kidneys had shrunk to half their size,” she explained.
Given the worsening of the symptoms, an ambulance took the woman to a hospital and the doctors diagnosed her with a gastrointestinal infection that had passed through the feces of the chihuahua. Gommo, who suffers from Crohn’s disease, was hospitalized for three days until they managed to eliminate the infection.
The British was discharged and is now recovering at home. The animal is also recovering from the virus. “I have forgiven Belle for her little accident and I still love her with all my heart,” Gommo stated. “But I will definitely be more aware of what position we will sleep in in the future!” he assured.