TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Chiapas.– Anguish and desperation were experienced by fathers and mothers of 110 youth what had to be hospitalized Friday night after a mass intoxicationpresumably with diluted cocaine in your drinking fountains or water bottlesat a high school in Bochilthe third case in Chiapas so far this year.
Videos and photographs of fathers and mothers of families carrying their sons and daughters between 12 and 15 years old of the Juana de Asbaje High Schoolbegan to circulate on Friday night after evening shift students began to feel the symptoms of intoxication.
Chaos, shouts and complaints towards the school directors was the first thing that was experienced outside the educational center, when the parents arrived for their sons and daughters, some adolescents crying, others fainting, others speaking incoherencies, they were taken to the IMSS Rural Hospital in Bochil.
The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) in Chiapas reported that the Rural Hospital of Bochil of the IMSS-Wellness Program treated 57 adolescents, who arrived with symptoms of intoxication.
Video: Report of 110 high school students intoxicated with Cocaine in Bochil; Chiapas https://t.co/X3bmTaTfLS pic.twitter.com/MFh0jFjype
– Narco Mexico Blog (@blogdelnarcomex) October 8, 2022
Until midnight on Friday, October 7, the Rural Hospital reported 56 stable students and one delicatewhich was transferred to Area General Hospital (HGZ) No. 2, in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, better known as “May 5th”. The case was reported as serious and he has been intubated.
A list of 110 young who suffered the effects of this massive intoxication began to circulate on social networks at the same time that agents from the State Attorney General’s Office (FGE) investigate what really happened. It is the third similar case that has already occurred in Tapachula so far in 2022.
A first unofficial version refers that inside the educational center, the young people were presumably diluted with cocaine in their drinking fountains and water bottles. One of the clinical laboratory analyzes carried out on one of the young people was positive for that substance.
Some mothers and mothers agreed that their daughters and sons are assured that it was the result of something they consumed in the cafeteria.
Until this morning of Saturday the 8th, neither the FGE nor the municipal authorities have given any official report of what happened in that educational center in Bochil.